Thomas Franco, MSW, LCSW, LICSW is pleased to offer telehealth in his therapy and consulting practice, as a means for clients to meet with him over a private server that is HIPAA-compliant. Most insurance companies now permit healthcare providers such as Mr. Franco to utilize this technology, as it is a tool for reaching out to more individuals in need of mental health services.
Telehealth provides flexibility for clients to interact with Mr. Franco in the privacy of their homes or offices, at times that are mutually convenient. Clients are furnished with their own private sign-in for sessions, and the only requirement is that they must use either Google Chrome or Firefox. The current technology is high-resolution, which enables Mr. Franco and his clients to see and listen to each other clearly, and allows the therapeutic relationship to unfold as if it were occurring in Mr. Franco’s office.
Telehealth with Mr. Franco is an optional service to clients, and its use is totally flexible. Clients may still schedule an in-person session with Mr. Franco, or request a telehealth session at any time based on mutual availability. Telehealth session fees do not differ from those for in-person sessions.
Please feel free to call Mr. Franco at 888-675-9997 for a telehealth session appointment, and avail yourself of this cutting-edge technology.
I offer HIPAA compliant online video therapy! You are required to create an account to use this service.
Don't have an account? Click Here
Already have an account? Login Here
The email you enter when creating an account will be used as your login ID once the account creation process is completed. Once you have entered your email I will be notified of your request to join my network. As soon as I accept the request you will be sent an email which will allow you to choose your password and setup your account. The account setup must be completed before you can attend a video session.
Steps for checking into your Online Video Session:
- Login to your account using the link above.
- Navigate to the calendar and click on your appointment to locate the 'Check In' button.
- Click 'Check In' to enter the virtual room where we will meet for the session.
- Locate the chat feature in the bottom right corner to communicate with me before beginning the session.
- When we are ready to begin press 'Start Session' to activate your microphone and camera.
- Your computer may show a message asking to allow the program to access your microphone and camera.
Are You Ready For Online Therapy?
- Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 3 years old or newer?
Older devices may struggle to run the program properly.
- Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable?
Connecting directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for wired internet is recommended though wireless networks can work fine as well.
- Have you downloaded Chrome or Firefox to your computer to use as your internet browser?
Standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari on a Mac may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code.
- Do you have access to a working webcam?
Most modern laptops have built in webcams which will work great for online therapy! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.
- Are you comfortable navigating computer software?
The online portal is easy to navigate and does not require any training to use. However, those who find computers to be confusing or frustrating in general may not be a good fit for online therapy.